I've been trying to figure out for some time now what I love enough to have tattooed forever on my body. I've thought about feminine flowers, stereotypical stars, and even once, a pirate ship. But last night I finally figured out what I really want. I love the writings of Edgar Allan Poe. He was amazing at the art of poetry and story writing and his work transcends time. With that said I am going to get two ravens holding up a torn and tattered banner that reads "Quoth the raven nevermore". Poe was my inspiration to start writing. His poems "The Raven" and "The Conqueror Worm" were the very pieces that made me want to start writing poems of my very own. I also think that if Mr. Poe were alive today he would be very pleased with the idea of being the main idea behind a tattoo. As a matter of fact I think it would make him proud. This tattoo will be my first one, but I plan on getting more. I already have plans for my second tattoo as well. The next one will be a piece inspired by the art of Salvador Dali. His paintings are among my favorites. The images of melting clocks and elephants on stilts always manage to spark my creativity. His paintings are nothing short of wonderous. The colors, the ideas behind the art, the hand that held the paintbrush itself, absolutely stunning. The works of Mr. Dali and Mr. Poe always manage to make me understand parts of my heart that I never even knew existed. Anyway, enough rambling for the night.
Much love and peace
Andy
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment